Friday, February 20, 2009

My first post ;)

As many debut bloggers do, I was wondering where to start ...And here I go nattering my way into the blogosphere….about the ‘school-college-work’ phase that all of us are bound to grow through.

School
Tiruchirapalli. A small town in Tamil Nadu, lovingly called as "Trichy". Grew up here for 12 long years and the mere mention of the place brings loads and loads of sweet memories of those innocent days. Never had the chance to explore all corners of this serene and calm town as had to move out of the place for my college. From discovering interests such as music and math to finding fun in playing and yakking with friends, its been a bracing childhood journey. People who have been intentionally and inadvertently shaping up your personality - your doting parents, relatives, loving teachers, friends bring in a chaste nostalgia which only those early seminal years can give you.

College
Chennai. What I hate about Chennai are its dented roads! My recent visit to the city only reinstated this fact! Well, but there is a pretty long list out there of things that I loved to do with the pocket money I was spared with as a student - Hang out: Marina, Eliots, Spencers, ECR; Food: Sambar idli - ras malai @Ratna Cafe, Adai aviyal @Grand Sweets, Jalebi, Dahi papadi @Gangotri, Mini tiffin @Shri Krishna, Biriyani @Ponnusamy, Bajji @beach, Coffee @Sarava Bhavan; Movies: Any damn air conditioned theatre but never missed a Rajini, Mani Ratnam, Sanjay Leela Bansali movie for sure. So what if the roads are bad, the city is one of the most pleasurable places in India to be in for your college - IF you can survive the blazing heat of the summers.

Work
Mumbai. I have never felt so safe (and touchwood!) about traveling late in any other city before...this city only gets brighter and busier by every passing hour of the day. Be it the countless rickshaws and taxis or the overflowing trains, am sure no other city in India offers its residents with such fairly priced public transport options for dailly commute. I have often landed up in numerous confrontations with Chennai autowalas over the excessive fares they charge. Now, I just could'nt stop admiring the rickshawalas here when they give that 1 rupee balance they owe to the hirer back in all earnesty! Yes, am all awe for the place and almost bragging about my new place of living to allll my buddies!

And yo....finally, I have started blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment